At West Heath Garage Ltd we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide products and services you have requested from us. We will never sell your data on to third parties.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations, which became law in May 2018, we are required to inform you as to the lawful basis under which we process your personal data.
References to you implies the person whose personal information we collect, use and process. This includes anyone who visits our websites, contacts us in relation with the purchase of a vehicles and/or goods or services we provide, or otherwise interacts with us (e.g. contact enquiry form).
References to our website imply any website owned and operated by or on behalf of West Heath Garage Ltd.
Your personal information will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 up to the 24th May 2018 and going forward, the EU General Data Protection Regulations (collectively referenced as the Data Protection Legislation) and other applicable law and regulation.
2. Who are West Heath Garage Ltd?
Our Registered Company Name is West Heath Garage (Farnborough) Ltd and our registered office is 11 Minley Rd, Farnborough, Hants GU14 9RR.
West Heath Garage Ltd are a multi-Franchise vehicle retailer and repairer, operating from the above address in the south of England.
For any queries concerning your data, please contact us at the above address, by email at [email protected] or by telephone on 01252 541294
3. Data Controller
4. Information we may collect
Information we may collect about you includes your name, date of birth, address, contact details (including email and telephone numbers), current vehicle details, purchase history and data collected as part of any finance application or payment. This information is referred to as personal information.
Several different methods by which we may collect your personal information include:
- Information collected through forms completed, both in our dealerships or on any of our Websites.
- A copy of your driving licence when you test drive one of our vehicles.
- When you enquire or purchase goods/services, we collect personal information to respond to your enquiry and/or process your purchase.
- Information of transactions you have processed with us, including services and purchases of vehicles and other goods.
- Information contained in (and records of) communication between us, including emails, text messages, letters and recorded telephone calls.
- Records of your visits to any of our Websites, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, IP address and the resources that you access.
- Your marketing preferences
- We also gather personal information to enable third parties to carry out credit reference checks on you (if you are purchasing a vehicle on finance) and we will have and process information about the result of those checks to complete your purchase.
- We will collect personal information relevant to the insurance products that we sell that are provided by third parties.
5. Processing personal information
We use your personal information in relation to our business activities. In particular, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To respond to your query regarding the possible purchase of goods or services.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contract between you and us, including the purchase of vehicles and provision of services and to respond to any queries from you regarding such contracts.
- To manage and administer the relationship between you and us.
- For the prevention of fraud and other criminal activities.
- To obtain feedback from you regarding us and the quality of the products and services we provide.
- To provide you with reminders regarding your vehicle including, for example, when your vehicle is due to have a routine service or MOT Test.
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request)
- To enforce or protect our contractual or other legal rights, or to bring or defend legal proceedings.
- To provide you with information about vehicles, services, promotions and offers that are relevant and may be of interest to you either directly, or via social media and other third party platforms.
6. Our lawful basis for processing personal data
At West Heath Garage Ltd, we may lawfully process your personal data under one of three options in the General Data Protection Regulations:
- Art. 6 (1) (a) Consent: In circumstances where you have provided us with a freely given, informed and specific choice to allow West Heath Garage Ltd to process your data, consent will be the lawful basis under which we process your data.
- Art. 6 (1) (b) Contract: If you have entered, or are in the process of entering into, a contract with West Heath Garage Ltd, your personal data may be processed if it is necessary for performance of the contract, or is in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- Art. 6 (1) (f) Legitimate interest: If you have completed or negotiated a sale with West Heath Garage Ltd, you may have your personal data processed for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by West Heath Garage Ltd or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data.
- To balance your fundamental rights and freedoms with West Heath Garage Ltd’s commercial interests, you will be informed that you may receive marketing communications for similar products and services at the point of enquiry or purchase and will be given the ability to opt-out of further processing at any subsequent point in the relationship by visiting www.westheath.co.uk/opt-out. You may also call West Heath Garage Ltd or contact our Data Protection Officer who will complete the online opt-out for you.
7. Sharing personal data
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with our business activities, including in the following circumstances:
- To third parties that provide services to us, such as marketing activities.
- To external organisations for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud and criminal activities.
- To third party finance companies for the purposes of helping them to provide you with finance. These organisations may carry out credit checks and may disclose your data to credit reference agencies for that purpose.
- To third party providers of insurance or warranty products if you take up the option of purchasing one of those products.
- We may pass your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
- We may pass your personal information to the relevant franchise manufacturer partner relating to your vehicle. They may contact you directly regarding your vehicle and to obtain feedback and/or to provide offers.
- We may contact you as advised by our suppliers (a full listing can be found via the link at the foot of this notice) to ensure the ongoing safety and care of your vehicle and any policies are maintained and regarding the repair or replacement of your vehicle and car care related products.
We will register your vehicle keeper details and will cross check your data with DVLA to ensure accurate and timely communications can be made.
8. Your Rights
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have several rights available to you in respect of your personal information. These are the rights to:
- Request copies of your data.
- Rectification of your data.
- Erasure of your data.
- Object to us processing, or restrict the processing by us, of your data.
- Where our systems allow, give electronic access to copies of your data in a digital format.
Except as required by law, we will not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose for which you have not given us your consent, or have requested to no longer be communicated to on a legitimate interest basis. If you object or ask to restrict the processing of your data, you agree that, despite this, we may continue to use the personal information previously provided to us to the extent that we are contractually obligated to do so and to the extent necessary to enforce any contractual obligations you may have, for example: a finance agreement.
To learn more or to exercise any of these rights, you can contact our Data Protection Officer whose contact details are provided at the bottom of this page.
9. Data storage
If we collect your Personal Data, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that data and our obligations under other laws. We do not retain Personal Data in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary. We may need your Personal Data to establish, bring or defend legal claims, in which case we will retain your personal information for 7 years after the last occasion on which we have used your personal information in one of the ways specified in Processing Personal Information, Paragraph 5 above.
The only exceptions to this are where:
- The law requires us to hold your Personal Data for a longer period, or delete it sooner.
- You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted in this paragraph, or because we are required under the law (see further Erasing your Personal Data or restricting its processing in paragraph 12) below;
- And in limited cases, the law permits us to keep your personal information indefinitely, provided we put certain protections in place.
We take steps to ensure any business we work with has security protocols and policies in place to manage and record your data privacy and preferences correctly and that your data is stored securely. The security of your data is paramount. Further information can be supplied on request from our Data Protection Officer, details of whom can be found below.
West Heath Garage Ltd reserves the right to update or amend this data privacy notice in line with customer feedback or updates in legislation and it will be published at www.westheath.co.uk.
10. Data Protection Officer
Name: Jeremy Ebdon
Address: West Heath Garage Ltd
11 Minley Rd
Hants GU14 9RR
Email: [email protected]
ICO Registration No: Z5189148
If we are unable to resolve any issues you raise within 30 days you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office https://ico.org.uk/concerns